All fees are due and payable on date of service. Please have cash, check, or credit card ready at the beginning of your session so that we do not have to use your session time for this purpose. It is important that money does not become an issue between us. Make checks payable to the practice, McKinnon Therapy.
- An initial session and assessment for services is $125.
- Ongoing therapy is $105 per 45 minute clinical session, as is the consistent rate amongst the licensed therapists within the practice. Our office is happy to bill your insurance for you as a courtesy, but ultimate responsibility for payment of fees remains yours. If your insurance requires a co-pay or deductible, please have payment for these amounts ready at the beginning of session. The licensed therapists in our office are preferred providers for many insurance companies, and will honor any reduced fees agreed to in our contract with each insurance company.
- $125 is also the fee charged per hour for diagnostic testing, printed materials, reports, letters, consultations, travel time for out of office services, and telephone calls made on your behalf. Additional time will be rounded up to the nearest half-hour. Most of these services are not billable to your insurance, and must be paid in advance.
- Court appearances are billable at $150 per hour, including travel and preparation time, and require a “half-day” minimum retainer of $600, payable at least 48 hours prior to scheduled court date. All court-ordered counseling and other special situations require a retainer to be paid prior to any work being performed. Please discuss this with myself prior to your first appointment.
- Cancellations should be made at least 24 hours in advance of your scheduled appointment. You will be billed for missed appointments or cancellations with less than 24 hours notice.
- There will be a $35 charge, plus any bank charges, for returned checks.